Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lavender.... OH SWEET LAVENDER!!!

I have been using Lavender Oil the most the past few weeks so I thought since I have such a love for this oil I would let you guys know a little about it! I have had a great experience with this oil and my kids! I have been putting a couple drops on their feet at bedtime and they have been asleep in about 20 minutes! This is amazing since it use to be an hour and a half to two hours! Last night I gave them a bath before bed, put the lavender oil on, put them in their beds, and read a story. When I left the room there was nothing but sweet sweet silence! :) I have also used this on the sore muscles my husband has had! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LAVENDER!

About Lavender
Lavender is an oil that has been used for millennia and noted for its cleaning and healthful properties.  Through modern scientific testing its time proven properties have been confirmed.  It is one of the most popular and used of the essential oils. There are multiple types of lavender (from different plants) so it is important to have lavandula angustifolia.  This specie is more refined and therefore more expensive but has much preferred qualities to use for personal health conditions. The preferred lavender is steam distilled from the flowering tops of plants with some of the finest quality from Europe. DōTerra Lavender is steam distilled from the flowering tops of plants from France (fine high altitude) and Bulgaria (super high altitude).  These are joined together in equal ratios.

Properties
Analgesic, Antibiotic, Antidepressant, Anti-inflammatory, Antiseptic, Diuretic, Disinfectant, Sedative

I had thought of lavender just as something that will help my kids sleep but there are many other benefits of lavender as well as healing burns, easing sore muscles, acne, allergies, cell renewal, hair loss, herpes, insomnia, lowering blood pressure, works as a lymphatic drainage, helps with hormone balance, nausea, stretch marks, tachycardia (increased heart rate), and water retention, depression, headaches, asthma, gallstones, hysteria and infection, bug bites, calming and soothing the skin, balancing oil production, helps heal blemishes, and stimulates circulation to the skin. It can be soothing to eczema, psoriasis, and other types of dermatitis.

This oil is a definite MUST HAVE in your medicine cabinet!


No comments:

Post a Comment